Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
FARM WORKSHOP MECHANIC
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
A hands-on Mechanic who takes pride in modelling high standards of quality and safety to join a mechanical trades team at Colignan Farm. A flexible approach to work hours including occasional weekend work is essential to meet seasonal and operational requirements.
An on-site subsidised 3 bedroom Company House is potentially available for the right person (pets allowed).
What you’ll be doing:
Working on a commercial citrus orchard/vineyard you will regularly travel across the farm, or between farms, working outdoors and communicating with a broad range of people meaning you will experience huge variety in your tasks. You will join a team of skilled mechanics engaged in all operational aspects of farm machinery which include but is not limited to: tractors, sprayers, forklifts, earth moving equipment, work Utes, small stationary engines and ATV’s. This role is not your standard indoor bound mechanic!
- Apply diagnostic and trouble shooting skills to identify defects and malfunction causes and determine the most effective repair, replacement, or modification solution.
- Communicate proactively with Farm Mangers to align repair and maintenance works with farming operations.
- Maintain workshop facilities.
- Manage accurate maintenance and repair records.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- A mechanical trade qualification or recognised equivalent such as Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
- 5 years on the job experience.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
For an immediate job interview, call Damien Griffiths, Workshop Manager on 0456 653 929.