Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Workplace Health and Safety Advisor - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development. All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Tasmania team are looking for an experienced Workplace Health and Safety Advisor. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Workplace Health and Safety Advisor is a permanent role based in Devonport, Tasmania, with travel across the North of Tasmania.
About the Role
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Supporting incident reporting and investigation - being a point of call for Line Managers, supporting employees with accessing medical treatment and reporting incidents in Skytrust
- Communicating Work Health and Safety (WHS) information to employees and managers
- Developing and implementing WHS procedures
- Liaising with the National Work Health and Safety Manager and other regional representatives on national safety initiatives
- Coordinating workers compensation claims and return to work processes
- Conducting site inspections
- Conducting safety inductions for new employees
- Undertaking risk assessments in conjunction with relevant department managers
- Developing SWP's where needed in collaboration with relevant departments
This is a varied and hands on role that includes collaboration and communication with many people across both the Tasmania region, and the business nationally, as well as external relevant bodies (e.g. WorkSafe).
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to;
- Have experience and/or qualifications in WHS in Tasmania
- Have experience and/or qualifications with workers compensation claims and legislation, and return to work coordination
- Experience with Skytrust or another safety database is desired but not essential
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with people from varied backgrounds
- Have experience working within a team to achieve a common goal
- Be approachable and an excellent communicator
- Have extensive experience in a role that requires planning and organisation skills
- Be able to provide care and support to managers and employees
- Be able to manage priorities and timelines
- Have experience designing, improving and implementing procedures across departments
- Be confident in using Microsoft packages, including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
If you require any further information relating to this role please contact HRCostaBerry@costagroup.com.au
Job no: JBAO90260
Location: Devonport, Dunorlan, Lebrina, Sulphur Creek, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 October 2019