Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Work Shop Mechanic
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
A highly skilled and solutions driven workshop mechanic to be located at Colignan Farm (30 minute drive from Mildura) who is knowledgeable and experienced on farm machinery and equipment. You would model high standards of quality and productivity with a focus on safety. A flexible approach to work hours is essential due to seasonal and harvest operational requirements including weekend work.
What you’ll be doing:
You will join a collaborative mechanical trades team engaged in all operational aspects of farm machinery which include but is not limited to tractors, sprayers, forklifts, earth moving equipment, work Utes, small stationary engines and ATV’s.
- Maintain workshop facilities and ensure safe and hygienic housekeeping standards.
- Apply diagnostic and trouble shooting skills to identify defects and malfunction causes and determine the most effective repair, replacement, or modification solution.
- Communicate proactively with Farm Mangers to align repair and maintenance works with farming operations.
- Manage accurate maintenance and repair records.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- A desire to progress their career development.
- A mechanical trade qualification or recognised equivalent such as Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
- A current Australian driver’s license.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Enquiries about the role can be directed to Damien Griffiths, Workshop Manager on 0432 139 768.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).