Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wellbeing and Welfare Officer - Tasmania
About the opportunity:
This is a varied role that is people focused. The Welfare and Wellbeing Officer (WWO) is responsible for the care and support of employees who are recruited from the Pacific Islands under the Seasonal Worker Program to work with Costa. The WWO will make regular visits to the accommodation and various farm locations of our Direct Hire Seasonal Worker cohort to ensure everyone is happy and healthy. They will be a key conduit for communication between the business and Pacific Island worker cohort. The WWO will be responsible for ensuring the wellbeing and safety of the cohorts time in Australia and ensuring the group have a wonderful experience.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
What we offer:
- Fixed term position with possibility to extend
- Pro-Rata Base Salary + Superannuation + Car Allowance
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development and Progression
- Work-life Balance
- Full IT Kit provided
- Annual Performance Review Process
About the role:
The successful applicant will have the autonomy and support to provide the workers with the best possible experience of being in Australia. We want to create an environment where our Workforce are given ample opportunity to earn good money, whilst feeling at home and well supported during their engagement with Costa.
The role is available for the period of time that we have Pacific Island workers engaged directly by Costa in Tasmania, rough from November 2022 to May 2023.
The role will involve the following;
- Assisting with the preparation of accommodation prior to the arrival and departure of the cohort
- Regularly undertaking accommodation inspections to ensure the facility is being kept clean and coordinate maintenance requirements as needed
- Ensuring worker related reports and documentation are compliant
- Arranging and supporting recreational trips for the groups, during the evening or on the groups days off (could be weekdays or weekends)
- Working with the farm teams to understand individual workers performance and supporting improved performance as needed
- Completing welfare and wellbeing checks with individuals
- Providing support with attendance at doctors/hospital appointments for routine appointments and during emergencies.
- Ensuring injuries are reported and escalated in a suitable timeframe to the relevant stakeholders
- Assisting with the arrival and departure requirements in line with the Seasonal Worker program
This role is varied and challenging. The successful candidate will have high levels of empathy, the ability to communicate with workers in a way that they understand, and the ability to provide emotional support as needed. In addition, we are looking for someone who;
- Has a drivers license and their own reliable vehicle
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Is responsible and reliable, following through on what they say
- Has the ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential environment with a high degree of integrity
- Preferably has previous experience in a similar role working with SWP or PALM workers – however this is not essential
- Is comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Has the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Has the flexibility to respond to out of hours calls and worker welfare concerns and issues when designed on call
The Welfare and Wellbeing Officer will need to be willing to be contacted 24/7 (with rostered time off from this on call arrangement as needed), will need to be able to work hours in line with the groups needs and be flexible in their work schedule. It is anticipated that in order to build great relationships, the person will need to be amongst the group regularly during early mornings and evenings, as well as some weekends.
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Applications will close once the right candidate has been selected, so if you wish to be considered, apply now!