Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tumbarumba - Pickers & Packers
Costa is Australia's leading grower, packer, and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
We are currently looking for Blueberry pickers and packers to join our harvest season running from December to January (8 weeks) in Tumbarumba, New South Wales. In return for your commitment to the role, you will receive.
- Piece rate pay – the faster you pick, the more earning potential you have.
- Hourly rate pay – packers
- Full training provided
- Potential for year round work – as Costa Berry Category also has farms in Far North Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania and Western Australia, there is the potential for you to follow the pick adventure around the country, earning money as you travel!
Required skills and experience
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- High attention to detail
- Be available to work across 7 days a week.
- Packers required to have access to own vehicle. Bus transport available for pickers.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to a process
- Basic understanding of spoken English
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business
- Days that qualify for a second/third year working holiday visa - all of our sites are classed as regional for the purpose of the second/third year requirement. You will be emailed payslips weekly to gather as evidence for the second/third year visa application
Costa prides itself on the diverse nature of its employees and welcomes applications from anyone who is interested in working for a large organisation at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.