Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tumbarumba - Harvest Truck & Ute Drivers
Costa is Australia's leading grower, packer, and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
We are currently looking for Casual Truck Drivers and Harvest Support to join our harvest team running from December to January(8weeks) in Tumbarumba, New South Wales. The main focus of this role is to collect picked fruit from field chariots and deliver it to the packing shed in a timely manner, preserving the best possible quality of the product. In return for your commitment to the role, you will receive.
- Values based organisation - Costa has culture of CARE
- Hourly Pay Rate
- Potential for year round work - as Costa Berry Category also has farms in Far North Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania and Western Australia,there is the potential for you to follow the 'Harvest Trail' around the country, earning money as you travel!
- COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business
- All Costa Berry sites are regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd Year Visa's
- Weekly pay by bank transfer, all payslips are issued via email
Required skills and experience
- Level 2: Open car licence - must have own vehicle
- Level 3: MR licence (and above)
- Forklift licence (desired but not essential)
- logistics experience
- Excellent driving record
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to maximize and seek efficiencies in work functions
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of safety and a proactive approach to all safety issues
- You have your own vehicle and driver's licence
Costa prides itself on the diverse nature of its employees and welcomes applications from anyone who is interested in working for a large organisation at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.