Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Truck Driver (MR) - Harvest - Tasmania, NW - Berry Category
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
Costa Berries Tasmania is looking for Harvest Truck Drivers to join our growing team. This is a casual seasonal role potentially running from November until April. You will be required to work across a 7 day roster which will include weekend work.
About the Role
The main focus of this role is to collect picked fruit from field chariots and deliver it to the Distribution Centre (DC) in a timely manner, preserving the best possible quality of the product. This role also entails monitoring and replenishing chariot stocks in collaboration with the Chariot Supervisor
Other responsibilities include:-
- Ensuring chariots are fully stocked with picking materials (punnets, boxes, sorting trays, etc.) and monitor supplies throughout the day
- Visiting allocated crews at regular intervals in the day to collect picked fruit
- Loading fruit into truck in line with required procedure
- Transporting fruit to the distribution centre with due care and attention to protect fruit quality
- Communicating with Manager to establish frequency of collections required based on volume of fruit and crew pick rate
- Accurately recording the amount of fruit taken from each crew at each pick up
- Working with Field Supervisors to rectify any discrepancies in figures
- Providing accurate summary data to the DC and Field Harvest Manager/Coordinator at end of each shift
To be successful in this role you will:-
- Have an MR Licence (and above)
- A forklift licence is desirable but not essential
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be a team player and excellent communicator
- Have the ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Have well developed time management, planning and organisational skills
- Have the ability to work autonomously and under direction
Please note that due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undertake a Functional Capacity and D&A test prior to confirmation of employment.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: HOAM90218
Location: Devonport, Dunorlan, Lebrina, Sulphur Creek, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020