Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tractor Operator - Corindi
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team at the Corindi farm.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a casual Tractor Operator. The role will involve operating and maintaining farm equipment, tractors and spraying units, for the application of various chemical sprays onto our berry crops. Previous experience in this role is not needed as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Strong sense of the need for a safe and healthy work environment
- Operate tractor and spray unit combination toward the safe and accurate application of chemicals to our berry crops
- Perform regular checks and preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery as directed
- Accurate preparation of chemical mixtures (insecticides, fungicides, herbicides) to be used in spray operations
- Ensure all equipment is regularly washed down and cleaned according to set standards
- Maintain logs and records for spray applications and for the regular stocktake of chemicals
- Assist in the regular calibration of all equipment
- Work flexible shifts, night shift or day shift
- Good planning and time management to ensure set tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Punctual, reliable and able to follow direction
- Other reasonable duties, as directed
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
Take reasonable actions within your authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
Skills and Experience
- Current driver’s license
- Agricultural experience (not essential)
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping
- Effective time management
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills would be advantageous
- Strong team Player
- Enthusiasm to learn a new skill
- Have an understanding of basic English (written and spoken)
- Basic computer skills required
There will be a merit based recruitment process which will require applicants to outline how they meet the above criteria for the role.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: GZGN00489
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 August 2020