Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Supervisor – Performance Leader - Gingin
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa grows and markets blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
The Gingin team are looking for a Supervisor - Performance Leader that will be responsible for a crew of pickers, supporting them to achieve their highest possible standard of performance and hold a valuable and respected position in the organisation.
About the Role:
The main focus of the Supervisor – Performance Leader is to encourage, inspire, coach and lead a crew to achieve their full potential whilst sharing in their success and enjoying each working day. Our harvest operation is made up of multiple harvest crews picking the best quality fruit across our farm - at the core, harvest management strive to support, coach and mentor all supervisor staff in developing an exciting and dynamic working environment.
You’ll be responsible for working with the Harvest Team and developing a high performing team, the role is all about people – you will need to be able to communicate well with others and develop a positive team culture. This role includes.
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew – this is a priority for Costa and we are looking for people who place the same importance on this topic as we do.
- Be provided with the tools to ensure that the crew are able to be supported, and given what they need to perform well – you are in a key position to ensure the success of your crew, and it will be your responsibility to ensure the crew has everything they need to perform well, from guiding and directing the team throughout the day, to working with the farm logistics team to allow smooth and efficient harvesting.
- Manage the performance of individuals within the crew – this will require you to take the time to know everyone in your crew, understand their strengths, know how to motivate them and be able to provide them with information and coaching to improve.
- Provide performance information to the management team – you will be required to report back to the management team on a daily basis about the performance of your crew compared to the KPI’s.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a management role as well as:
- Clear, open and honest communication
- Well-developed organisation skills
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve KPI’s
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Commitment to identifying areas of improvement in processes
- Own reliable transport and a valid Drivers Licence
- Flexible to work on weekends
What’s In It For Me? – We understand you spend most of your time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- A full safety induction is provided for all roles
- Work health and safety always managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business Gingin
- The opportunity to be involved in the supply chain from farms to tables all around Australia
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).