Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Spray Operator - Tasmania - Berry Category
Operate and maintain farm implements, tractors and spraying units, for the application of various chemical sprays onto Blackberry crop. This role is required to work across two sites as directed by the Farm manager.
- Strong sense of the need for a safe and healthy work environment
- Operate tractor and spray unit combination toward the safe and accurate application of chemicals to a blackberry crop
- Perform regular checks and preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery as directed
- Accurate preparation of chemical mixtures (insecticides, fungicides, herbicides) to be used in spray operations
- Ensure all equipment is regularly washed down and cleaned according to set standards
- Maintain logs and records for spray applications and for the regular stocktake of chemicals
- Assist in the regular calibration of all equipment
- Work flexible shifts, night shift or day shift , dependent on limitations imposed by weather conditions
- Good planning and time management to ensure set tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Other reasonable duties, as directed
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely application of spray operations
- Quality of work
- Minimising damage to equipment and infrastructure
- Accurate application rates
- General conduct, attendance and time management
- Ability to work autonomously (lone worker)
- Able to follow direction without supervision
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
Take reasonable actions within your authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring that your work practices are consistent with company principles
- Ensure that behaviours outlined in Costa Group vision and values are fostered and practiced
- Maintain the security of Costa’s physical and intellectual property, plant and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Current driver’s license
- Chemical accreditation certificate (e.g. chemcert or other) (Essential)
- Horticultural qualifications (desired)
- Supervision experience (desired)
- Previous spray operator experience (desired)
- Previous experience in operating and maintaining farm implements (desired)
- Agricultural experience (desired)
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping
- Effective time management
- Ability to perform hard physical labour for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate tools and equipment for the maintenance and repair of farm machinery and equipment
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on farm machinery and equipment
- Strong team Player
- Determination – acting decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Passion – challenging the status quo and acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Accountability – focusing on outcomes and delivering on commitments
- Sincerity – acting bolding in an open, honest, and responsible manner
- Respect – treating others as we expect to be treated in attitude, communication, and personal safety
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.