Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Scout - Pest and Diseases
We currently have multiple opportunities for people seeking casual work as a Pest and Diseases Scout in our tomato glasshouses at Guyra.
These roles, which will be working for our agronomy team, are ideally suited to a person who is undertaking, or has recently completed, studies in Horticulture, Entomology, Agronomy, or a related discipline.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Scouting for pests and diseases including whitefly, thrips, tomato potato psyllid (TPP) and spider mite.
- Scouting for beneficial insects and mites including parasitoids and predators.
- Data management and reporting scouting results.
- Strict adherence to site WHS and hygiene requirements.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Exposure in the operational areas of this site or other growing/farming operations.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Excellent attention to detail and learning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work un supervised.
The following qualifications and experience will be highly regarded:
- Completed or studying relevant tertiary qualification (Science Degree – Horticulture/Plant Protection/Entomology).
- Knowledge of insects, both pest and beneficials, disease identification.
- Experience in microscope use.
- Experience in hand lens use.
Level 1 Casual $25.08 per hour.
For further information, please contact Gal Ziv, Agronomy Manager, m: 0401 327 476 e: firstname.lastname@example.org