Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resourcing & Labour Coordinator - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers. The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role
During peak season our Tasmania region, based across four key locations in the North West Tasmania region, employs in the region of 2000 people. We encourage the employment of Tasmania locals, as well as those on working holiday visas and employed through the Pacific Island Season Worker scheme.
The Resourcing and Labour Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the labour resourcing needs of the Tasmanian region, with some elements of recruitment as well as supporting the ongoing wellbeing of employess during their time with Costa. This role will have interaction with our third party labour providers, ensuring the integrity of their systems and monitoring the wellbeing of their workforces. This role will proactively build relationships and will engage with key stakeholders in the community, escalate non-compliances to the regional leadership and national human resources teams, whilst identifying opportunities to promote the Category within the region.
This role will report through to the national human resources team but will have a high level of autonomy to work closely with the Tasmania leadership team and support the business in the region. This is a role that will involve being out and about amongst our people, as well as visiting labour provider accommodation for audit inspections.
In more detail
The role will include the following;
- Leadership of the local recruitment team
- Be the conduit for labour planning and recruitment for the region
- Build relationships, deliver information sessions and develop labour options through job providers, universities, schools and recruitment companies
- Design and deliver a regional focussed orientation for new starters
- Liaise with the People Site Transfer Coordinator on workforce planning needs for harvest trail employees
- Develop and run assessment centres for critical roles
- Support the national human resources team with the roll out of labour and resourcing projects nationally, including building the recruitment capability of local leaders
- Coordinate employee events (i.e. service awards, awareness days)
- Regional coordination and administration of the Costa Seasonal Worker program
- Regional liaison for third-party Seasonal Worker providers
- Labour-hire desktop and accommodation audits
- Pastoral care wellbeing checks and reporting
- Liaison for community events, industry events and exhibits
- Provision of regional communications for Category and Group newsletters
- Support the national human resources team with labour integrity questionnaires and audits
A key element of this role is ability to build relationships and communicate with a wide range of people, whilst supporting the Tasmania leadership team in their business objectives.
To be successful in the role you will;
- Have a qualification in HR, public relations or business-related studies
- Have experience in staffing consultancy or similar
- Have the ability to develop strong networks and promote Costa within the community
- Be self-driven and able to work independently
- Have experience in leading an individual or a small team
The role will require travel between the Tasmania farms on a weekly basis, as well as visits to view worker accommodation and employment agencies, therefore you must be willing and able to travel as required (transport assistance will be provided). In order to support crew working hours there will also be some early starts and late finishes so you will need to be flexible in your working hours.
There might also be the requirement to travel interstate on occasions.
What we have to offer
At Costa, people are at the heart of what we do. We believe in supporting and developing our people and providing long-term career opportunities through a range of activities including on the job experience, mentoring and internal and external education.
This is a newly created role which demonstrates our commitment to supporting all of our workers. There will be some flexibility for you to influence how this role develops and how we can provide the best possible service to our workers and business leaders.
For further information you can contact Sarah Willder, Senior HR Business Partner - Recruitment via HRCostaBerry@costagroup.com.au