Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Quality Manager Tasmania - Berry Category
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate quality partner who has a strong focus on food safety and quality management systems, quality culture, continuous improvement and change management for better commercial outcome.
This is a hands on role, partnering with teams across the Tasmanian operation to focus on leading and coordinating food safety and quality management processes, quality culture development and continuous improvement outcomes throughout the value chain.
About the Role
The key accountabilities for the role include:
- Working with key stakeholders across the farm to ensure processes consistently conform to regulatory requirements, HARPS/Global GAP standards as well as customer requirements
- Assisting the company to ensure our products meet customer specifications
- Representing the company during Food Safety and Quality audits
- Maintaining all documentation and records required for compliance
- Managing internal and external food safety and quality systems audits
- Managing and developing the QA team.
- Developing and engaging in continuous improvement activities
- Providing support to harvest and post-harvest teams through training and technical expertise to get the best Food Safety & Quality outcome in line with the company’s commercial targets.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and will have demonstrated experience in a similar role. They will also possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of food safety and quality management (HACCP) and continuous improvement
- Lean Six Sigma, food safety and quality management system experience would be highly regarded
- Advance MS Office skills coupled with good attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and produce high quality work
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, use initiative, problem solve and manage conflicting priorities
- A team player with the ability to encourage and inspire others
- Experience in performing quality control testing of fresh and frozen products including packaging assessments.
- Experienced in internal auditing, technical investigations and report writing.
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO standards and HACCP requirements in food processing.
- Demonstrate leadership at every level and influence key stakeholders to achieve FS & Quality KPIs.
For further information about this position contact Brigid Veale at HRCostaBerry@costagroup.com.au.
Job no: HJAR90217
Location: Devonport, Dunorlan, Lebrina, Sulphur Creek, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Sunday, 8 September 2019