Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
Costa is seeking Quality Controllers to work on Colignan Farm (35 minute drive from Mildura) to join an experienced and established Contract Harvest Management Team for our citrus picking season which operates for approximately five months of the year from May to September.
The successful applicant will be accountable for ensuring the orderly and correct harvesting of citrus crops by overseeing picking teams made up from a combination of direct hire employees and contractors. Recording of harvest data and picker performance will also be a part of this role as well as the coordination of bin movements into and out of properties. This role is hugely varied and high energy, suiting a physically fit go-getter with excellent communication and organisational skills. Availability to work a varied roster based on weather conditions and farm requirements, including weekends if required, is essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver daily pre-start meetings and perform on-site inductions, ensuring compliance with all safety and quality standards.
- Use harvest software programs and scanning equipment.
- Train and supervise workers on correct fruit picking and handling techniques.
- Ensure picker performance and record productivity and other harvest data.
- Liaise with Contractor Supervisors and be first point of contact for worker safety and picker performance matters.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Strong focus and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety and Quality.
- Previous experience in citrus or other horticulture productions would be highly regarded.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to instruct non-English speaking workers in a culturally appropriate manner. Previous experience working with people from the Pacific Islands, while not essential, would be valued.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa.Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
For further information please contact Merv Bax, Contract Harvest Assistant Manager on 0439 779 728.