Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Plant Breeding Support Technician - Corindi
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
the lead with this exciting opportunity by providing administrative support to
the Variety Improvement (VIP) team. With data collection and data entry from fruit
samples and laboratory and field-based tasks.
in Corindi, New South Wales and reporting to the VIP Manager, this is an
opportunity for a talented Individual to join our blueberry breeding team on a
casual/seasonal basis. Working until the
end of December 2021, hours of work will predominately be Monday to Friday from
15 to 38 hours per week with the possibility of a permanent position becoming available in 2022.
What you’ll be doing:
be responsible for administrative duties of the VIP Team.
- Data collection from testing trials on varieties
- Data collation
- Accurate data entry
- Operating small equipment such as Titrator and Firmtech
- Field maintenance
of other administration support as required
What you’ll bring to the role:
looking for someone with…
- Relevant qualification in Agricultural Science/Horticulture/Biology (or studying towards) would be highly valued
- Experience in a technical support role
- Strong attention to detail and a technical aptitude
- Able to note and bring attention to inconsistencies or mistakes
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong time management – efficient and able to meet deadlines
- A current valid driver’s license
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa.Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Full driver's licence is
required for this position.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).