Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Permanent Irrigation Technician
An ASX listed business, Costa is Australia’s leading horticultural company and the largest fresh produce supplier to major Australian food retailers. Costa has an expansive footprint of domestic and international farms and horticultural properties which grow, package and market premium fresh fruit and vegetables. Supplemented by produce sourced from a diverse network of third-party growers, Costa’s fresh produce categories include citrus, grape, berries, mushroom, avocado and tomatoes. Innovative agronomic practices and year-round production continue to drive Costa’s strong market growth.
Due to Costa’s recent acquisition of Murray River Organics’ 113 hectares of citrus and wine grape operations in Nangiloc Victoria, 10kms from Costa’s 560 hectares of citrus and wine & table grape in Colignan (a 45-minute drive from Mildura), an opportunity has become available for an experienced Irrigation Technician to join Costa. Reporting to the Irrigation & Agronomy Manager, the successful incumbent will be based initially at Nangiloc Farm with scope to move between properties including further Costa acquisitions in the wider Sunraysia region.
A permanent role is on offer to the right candidate with irrigation experience or the aptitude to be a fast learner and the wiliness to work a flexible roster including out of hours, night shift or weekend work as required. The role of Irrigation Technician is hands on and suits people who enjoy working outdoors and are sufficiently fit to perform manual labour. The Irrigation Technician will be primarily responsible for implementing water and fertigation plans set by the Irrigation & Agronomy Manager as well as ensuring on-site water infrastructure is correctly monitored, repaired and maintained to meet irrigation requirements.
Duties include but not limited to
- Maintenance and repair of overhead sprinkler and drip irrigation across 113 hectares of citrus and wine grape plantings.
- Record fertiliser usage.
- Check that irrigation has gone as programmed.
- Mixing and distribution of fertilisers.
- General farm work as required.
Skills and experience
- Experience working in a similar role preferably on a large-scale Orchard or Vineyard.
- Cleaning filters, flushing drip lines and unblocking of overhead sprinklers.
- Understanding of soils and irrigation to inform irrigation scheduling decisions.
- Basic computer skills to access online soil moisture sensor data.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve irrigation issues, with supervision.
- Current Driver’s License is essential.
- Backhoe Licence would be highly regarded.
For more information please contact Werner Ullrich, Irrigation & Agronomy Manager on 0428 293 040.
Applications close 5.00pm, Wednesday 21 October 2020.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
An immediate start is available.