Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Payroll Officer - Corindi
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We're seeking an experienced and confident Payroll Officer to fill a vacancy within the Corindi team based 30 minutes north of Coffs Harbour. Reporting directly to the Group Payroll Manager, the position is a fast-paced role, responsible for supporting the administration of a large and complex payroll function. This full-time role commences immediately.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of Costa Berries day to day payroll function.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all employees and stakeholders
- Support the Human Resources Department in achieving the desired results in all aspects of producing an accurate weekly payroll
- Ensure that key payroll functions comply with relevant statutory and legislative requirements including timely processing of Child Support, Payroll Tax and Superannuation payment
- Interpret and apply industry related awards and applicable industrial instruments to employee wages where required
- Provide advice and calculate leave entitlements based on relevant leave legislation
- Maintain company payroll records in an accurate and confidential manner
- Provide accurate reporting in relation to payroll related issues
- Prepare and report on month end processing functions
- Provide assistance and support on key department activities, initiatives and projects
- Respond to enquiries in a professional and courteous manner
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- Experience in performing payroll processing functions
- Demonstrated experience of Award, Enterprise Agreement and relevant legislation interpretation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to self- manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail and capacity to problem solve
- Relevant qualifications in Payroll/HR/Finance
- Knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Experience using Preceda Payroll Software or similar
Working from home will be required for the right candidate once established in the Payroll team, with occasional visits to farm sites.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
For more information about this role, contact Anita Heagney, Group Payroll Manager, for a confidential discussion at Anita.Heagney@costagroup.com.au
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).