Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa, an ASX listed company, is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia. Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment. With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all the major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Payroll Manager, this newly created role has been developed to provide additional support to the central Payroll team in providing an exceptional service to Costa's businesses. You will be responsible for the coordination and preparation of end to end payrolls – processing, maintenance, enquiries, reporting and balancing tasks to specific deadlines. Further to this, you will be responsible for maintaining Preceda system set up and maintenance for the specific needs of each business unit.
The successful person in this role will be a team player, have attention to detail and will be skilled at being able to build internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinate and prepare end to end payrolls – processing, maintenance, enquiries, reporting and balancing tasks to specific deadlines
- Develop and prepare complex reports
- Perform month-end and year-end processes, reports and reconciliations
- Calculate termination payments and redundancy payments
- Assist the Payroll Manager with project work and day to day functions in payroll
- Supply accurate company information for completion of Bureau of Statistics and other government agencies
The role is offered on a permanent full-time basis, working both in our Ravenhall Corporate office, and flexibly from home.
A salary package will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience.
- Experience in processing end to end payroll
- Understanding of current legislation, payroll rules and Awards
- Knowledge of Preceda
- Exposure to Deputy Time & Attendance, Crystal Reporting (desirable but not essential)
- Genuine team player with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and relationship building skills