Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Packshed 2IC - Gingin
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa grows and markets blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
The Gingin team are looking for an experienced Pack Shed 2IC to join our team. As one of the largest employers in the Gingin Shire, we have a lot to offer- career progression and on-going work may be available for the right candidate.
About the Role:
The main focus of this role is to coordinate and manage all aspects of pack shed activity to ensure that blueberries are packed on time and to the highest quality, with team members operating in a safe and productive manner.
You’ll be responsible for working with the Pack Shed Manager and Regional Manager to plan, structure and administer the packing of blueberries in order to maximise production yield, quality and harvest margins. This role includes.
- Assist with leading the pack shed team
- Ability to manage labour planning and requirements
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Providing real time feedback to appropriate team members on pack line performance
- Preparing fruit for various dispatch methods
- Champion and lead ongoing development and improvement of pack shed processes
- Maintaining appropriate packaging supply levels
- Assist with the responsibility for pack shed financial performance
- Demonstrate skills in planning of workload and people
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a management role as well as:
- Being self-motivated and enjoying working as part of a team,
- Being able to demonstrate skills in planning of workload and people
- Having experience of managing a budget
- Understanding how to motivate teams and foster great performance levels
- Having computer skills, including working with Microsoft packaged Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- Being available to work varied hours over a 7-day roster to include some weekend work during peak Harvest
- Forklift ticket and First Aid Certificate – desirable
What’s In It For Me? – We understand you spend most of your time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- A full safety induction is provided for all roles
- Work health and safety always managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business Gingin
- The opportunity to be involved in the supply chain from farms to tables all around Australia
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).