Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Pack Line Technician - FNQ
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow, and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a casual Pack Line Technician. The role will involve carrying out all maintenance of automated food packaging lines in the Packshed, ensuring minimal stoppage and down time for the processing line. Clear and open communication with Packshed Manager on all required repairs is essential.
- Ensure all packing lines are performing to their optimum efficiency
- Trouble shoot and run diagnostics on packaging lines
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics and decide on correct method of repair
- Complete chosen repair efficiently and to a high standard
- Carry out technical inspections of packaging line for preventative maintenance ensuring minimum stoppage time
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Understand and implement company’s policies and procedures
- Source parts for repairs
- Estimating cost of extensive repairs and maintenance
In addition, we’re looking for someone with…
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and processes
- Experience and familiarity overhauling and maintaining automated filling machines and packaging machines
- Ability to plan and problem solve
- Innovative, inventive, and analytical
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of food processing lines (preferred but not essential)
- Trade qualifications preferred, including electrician, boiler maker, mechanic, fitter and turner
- Experience of working in a pack shed or processing line environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Drivers License and own reliable vehicle
What we offer:
- Minimum $29.81 per hour
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Costa harvest trail – ability to transfer and travel between sites as the season changes!
- Access to clean toilets, drinking water and free on-site car parking
- Full-Training provided for all tasks creating work flexibility and consistency
- Celebrate Cultural Days (Occasional BBQ's and Free Drinks)
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development, and progression
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
Check out “Costa Well Grown” at https://vimeo.com/333655457
We care for our people:
- People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit-based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- A copy of your Passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID.
After you have submitted your application keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful you will be issue documents for completion online prior to being invited to select a start date for work.