Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Pack Line Technician - Corindi
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team at the Corindi farm.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a casual Pack Line Technician. The role will involve carrying out all maintenance of automated food packaging lines in the Packshed, ensuring minimal stoppage and down time for the processing line. Clear and open communication with Packshed Manager on all required repairs is essential.
- Ensure all packing lines are performing to their optimum efficiency
- Trouble shoot and run diagnostics on packaging lines
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics and decide on correct method of repair
- Complete chosen repair efficiently and to a high standard
- Carry out technical inspections of packaging line for preventative maintenance ensuring minimum stoppage time
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Understand and implement company’s policies and procedures
- Source parts for repairs
- Estimating cost of extensive repairs and maintenance
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
Take reasonable actions within your authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant Trade qualification
- Drivers Licence and own reliable vehicle
- Trade qualifications preferred, including electrician, boiler maker, mechanic, fitter and turner
- Experience of working in a pack shed or processing line environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and processes
- Experience and familiarity overhauling and maintaining automated filling machines and packaging machines
- Innovative, inventive and analytical
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of food processing lines (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to plan and problem solve
Costa’s core values provide a framework in which all members of staff are expected to interact and behave with their colleagues, customers and key stake holders.
Our Values are;
- Determination – acting decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Passion – challenging the status quo and acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Accountability – focusing on outcomes and delivering on commitments
- Sincerity – acting bolding in an open, honest, and responsible manner
- Respect – treating others as we expect to be treated in attitude, communication, and personal safety.
There will be a merit based recruitment process which will require applicants to outline how they meet the above criteria for the role.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: DIAI00410
Closing Date: Monday, 8 June 2020