Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nuture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
About the Role
This hands-on position has overall responsibility for the performance and operation of the Costa avocado farms in Tolga, covering areas such as operations, harvest and growth planning. This role will directly support the Regional Operations Manager.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitor, manage & understand the crop & its needs
- Manage labour resourcing
- Plan & organise supplies with optimal timing
- Farm record keeping on established templates, in a timely manner
- Administration duties as required in a timely manner
- Be proactive and drive safety
- Build and develop your team to grow talent throughout the business
- Have a proactive drive to improve our internal processes
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role as well as:
- Experience in agricultural farm management
- Ability to supervise (or lead) and engage teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Work well autonomously and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to multitask and fulfil multiple roles
- A strong commitment to safety and quality
- Good general literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Good Time Management skills
Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.