Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
MR Driver - Berries
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa is a world leader in blueberry varietal improvement, and grows approximately 45% of Australia's total blueberry supply. Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. Food safety is paramount and iIn all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
The Harvest team are looking for an experienced MR Driver to join our team. This is a casual seasonal role based at our Gingin farm in Western Australia with our season commencing in April/May. Please make note this role is for driving carefully on our farm roads collecting the fruit and delivering it to our onsite packing facility.
The main focus of the role is to safely collect hand-picked fruit from field chariots and deliver to the packing shed in a timely manner, preserving the best possible quality of the product. This is a dual role which also requires you to monitor and replenish chariot stocks with picking and packing items in collaboration with the Chariot Supervisor.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Ensuring all hygiene & food safety requirements are met
- Communicating with the Harvest Coordinator to establish frequency of collections
- Accurately recording amount of fruit taken from each crew at pick up
- Providing accurate summary data to pack shed at end of shift
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities or an extended period of time
- Strong time management, planning, communication and organisation skills
- MR licence and recent experience
- Forklift licence is desirable
- Experience or keen interest in the fresh produce industry
- Strong team player and good work ethics
- Ability to work autonomously and under direction
The successful candidate will be operating a 3 tonne truck in a farm environment with a roster that operates on a 7 day week.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: CZBS00401
Closing Date: Saturday, 25 April 2020