Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Logistics and Warehouse Lead - Devonport, Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Tasmania team are looking for an experienced professional to join the harvest team in the role of Logistics and Warehouse Lead. This role reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for driving the execution of logistics and warehouse functions across all berry types.
About the role:
This position is key to the successful running of harvest operations through ensuring transport, packaging and consumable requirements are in place for execution in a timely manner to maximise shelf life of fruit and compliance of food safety requirements across numerous sites.
Key duties include;
- Responsibility for preparation and delivery of logistics plans to meet the demand of the crops and production forecast to ensure harvested fruit is transported within a timely fashion
- Ensuring all packaging requirements are in place to meet the demands of the crops and are in accordance with food safety standards
- Ensuring the warehouse operation for Tasmania is executed to avoid stock outs and over ordering of goods
- Ensuring the execution of overall harvest strategies in a timely manner as they apply to the logistics and warehouse operation
- Identification of improvement opportunities within the logistics and warehouse operation for reducing cost and / or improve food safety and quality of fruit
- Managing the deployment of resources in a seamless manner to meet the needs of the production environment
- Coaching and providing feedback to the team to drive development of an highly agile productive harvest team
- Ensuring quality systems are implemented and findings from audits are rectified immediately to reduce the risk to fruit
This position forms part of the harvest leadership team and will have a strong focus on implementing strategies, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for change.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of leading a team in a high-pressure fast-paced environment where decisions need to be made in a timely manner.
In addition you will have;
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and written
- High levels of competence with the Microsoft suite of applications
- 3 years or more experience in managing a logistics operation is preferable
- Significant or demonstrated experience in a warehousing environment is highly desirable
- Experience with SAP or financial systems for monitoring costs
- High level understanding of safety systems
- High level of understanding of food safety and hygiene as it applies to food production
An undergraduate business/supply chain degree or Certificate IV in logistics/warehousing management is highly desirable but not essential.
We are looking for someone with high levels of leadership ability and with experience in planning tasks across a complex operation.
This role will require a large amount of weekend coverage (particularly during the harvest period) and may be required to represent the Production Manager in fulfilling national reporting and communication responsibilities as needed.
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.
Job no: GRAM00480
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020