Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigators - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. All the products we grow, and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed, and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category has farms in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia and Tasmania employing people across a diverse range of fields. People are at the heart of Costa and we offer some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry, from competitive pay to health and wellbeing, and learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
please note Costa does not provide Transport or Accommodation
DUNORLAN- Blackberry farm
SULPHUR CREEK- Blueberry farm
Irrigators are responsible for the operation of irrigation systems in substrate and soil grown berry blocks. This role combines operational and maintenance task of fertiliser mixing, irrigation control systems and irrigation lines with regular monitoring of plant water use and plant health.
About the roles
We are currently seeking multiple Irrigators to assist with tasks across our farms at Dunorlan and Sulphur creek A strong ability to work autonomously is required for this role in order to keep our operations running smoothly. The roles will involve the following work activities:
- Monitor plant water use and manage irrigation scheduling to meet targets.
- Daily computer programming required to meet irrigation schedule
- Ensure optimal operation of irrigation systems.
- Scout blocks for irrigation and plant health issues; spot fix and report major issues to the Irrigation Manager and/or horticulture team
- Carry out preventative maintenance following a schedule.
- Repair irrigation system pumps, pipework, fittings.
- Clean filters, repair, maintain filter sets.
To be successful in this role you will.
- Be capable of undertaking a moderate level of physical activity, regular walking, lifting (25Kg fertiliser bags), bending, and reaching.
- A willingness to work outside, have excellent attendance and attitude.
- Willingness to work on a regular roster (including weekend work)
- A background in Agricultural/horticultural experience is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and follow direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Current driver's license
What we offer:
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Costa harvest trail – ability to transfer and travel between sites as the season changes!
- Access to clean toilets, drinking water and free on-site car parking
- Full-Training provided for all tasks creating work flexibility and consistency
- Celebrate Cultural Days (Occasional BBQ's and Free Drinks)
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development, and progression
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
Check out “Costa Well Grown” at https://vimeo.com/333655457
Costa prides itself on the diverse nature of its employees and welcomes applications from anyone who is interested in working for a large organisation at the forefront of growing innovation.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit-based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application, you will need the following:
A copy of your passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID.
After you have submitted your application keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful, you will be issued documents for completion online prior to being invited