Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigation Technician – Atherton
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nuture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms of those of our partner growers.
Costas is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Operations team are looking for an energetic, experienced team player for our Irrigation Technician role with strong technical abilities within irrigation to join our growing berry operation in Far North Queensland. Reporting to the Maintenance Project Supervisor, the Irrigation Technician is required to work across all sites on the idyllic Atherton Tablelands.
that permanency may be considered for the right candidate.
About the Role
The Irrigation Technician is primarily responsible for ongoing daily maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, and irrigation installation projects as needed. This role is required to work across all FNQ sites, providing strong technical abilities and support, whilst adhering to WHS policies and procedures.
This role may
be required to undertake other roles in support of whole farm management from
time to time.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintenance/diagnosis/repair of irrigation systems across all sites
- Coordinating and delivering irrigation installation projects as provided by your Line Manager
- Team Productivity- Working from the budget provided by your Line Manager, ensure labour is meeting daily/weekly targets, and documentation is completed
- Identify areas to increase productivity and efficiencies in collaboration with your Line Manager
- Coordinating logistics of equipment needs
- Electric hydraulic valves (pressure reducing and sustaining, install and maintenance)
- Basic low voltage fault finding
- Other reasonable duties as required
successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role
as well as:
- Trade Background (Plumbing, Fabrication, Mechanic, Electrician)
- Car Licence (Essential)
- Fork Lift Licence (Desired but not essential)
- Sound to Moderate skills in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team
- Irrigation installation, maintenance and repairs
- Mechanically minded with dynamic problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and practical experience working with substrate drip irrigation
- Knowledge and practical experience working with Netajets and Singlenets
- Pump repairs, maintenance and rebuilds
- Media and screen filter knowledge and maintenance
- Basic generator and electrical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Be self-motivated to work in an independent role, and able to work in a team
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage own workflow/scheduling
Please note only
applicants will be contacted.
Determination | Passion | Accountability | Sincerity | Respect
Job no: EIAN00421
Location: Walkamin, Atherton/Mareeba
Closing Date: Sunday, 7 June 2020