Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Full Time Irrigation Technician (Multiple Roles)
Colignan Farm and Nangiloc Farm
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
Costa's Colignan Farm and Nangiloc Farm are both located 30 minutes from Mildura, and situated 12 kilometres next to one another, and cultivates citrus, wine grape, table grape and avocado plantings respectively.
Who we’re looking for:
An experienced irrigation technician or people seeking a career in Horticulture industry with the aptitude to be a fast learner and willing to work a flexible roster including weekend work, if required. The Irrigation Technician will be primarily responsible for implementing water and fertigation plans set by the Farm Manager as well as ensuring on-site water infrastructure is correctly monitored, repaired and maintained to meet irrigation requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintenance and repair of sprinkler and drip irrigation across 250 hectares of citrus, wine grape and avocado plantings.
- Cleaning filters, flushing drip lines and unblocking of overhead sprinklers.
- Record fertiliser usage.
- Mixing and distribution of fertilisers.
- General farm work as required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience working in a similar role preferably on a large-scale Orchard or Vineyard.
- Understanding of soils and irrigation to inform irrigation scheduling decisions.
- Basic computer skills to access online soil moisture sensor data.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve irrigation issues, with supervision.
- Current Driver’s License is essential.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Please contact Sukhdeep Singh, Irrigation Manager, Colignan Farm on 0488 111 955 or Charles Shaw, Citrus, Wine Grape & Avocado Manager, Nangiloc Farm on 0427 146 498 with any queries.