Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigation Supervisor - Corindi
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and
vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own
farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to
some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we
grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer
with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Operations team at Corindi are looking for an experienced supervisor to join the Irrigation team. The role oversees the day to day operations of an irrigation team and directly reports to the Irrigation Coordinator.
About the role:
- Supervise and manage the needs of the irrigation team, including coordinating submission of time sheets
- Manage and carry out irrigation best practice across the farm
- Complete all irrigation data recording
- Manage fertiliser stocks, maintain fertiliser mixing and dosing equipment
- Report irrigation and plant health issues to Irrigation Coordinator or Manager
- Perform regular checks and maintain the irrigation systems
- Other duties as required
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar technical role or supervisory position.
In addition, you should have;
- Experience with field growing software such as Priva or similar
- Experience or keen interest in growing/agriculture
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and be hands on
- Good planning and time management skills to ensure set tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Strong sense of the need for a safe and healthy work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player with the ability to take direction
- Ability to do work in an active role
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.