Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigation Supervisor - Corindi
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
The Corindi team are looking for an experienced supervisor to join the Irrigation team. This role reports to the Irrigation Coordinator and is responsible for the day to day running of an irrigation team.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for the operation and maintenance of fertiliser mixing, irrigation control systems and irrigation lines with regular monitoring of plant water use and plant health.
- Assist in monitoring and managing the performance of irrigation team members in collaboration with and as directed by your line manager
- Training and coaching of new/junior irrigators
- Monitor plant water use and manage irrigation scheduling to meet targets
- Ensure optimal operation of irrigation systems through regular monitoring and maintenance
- Manage fertiliser stocks, maintain fertiliser mixing and dosing equipment
- Scout blocks for irrigation and plant health issues; spot fix and report major issues to the Irrigation Coordinator/Irrigation Manager
- Complete maintenance schedule and all other administrative tasks involved with the maintenance of the irrigation system in a timely manner
- Other duties as required and/or directed
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone to demonstrate experience In a similar role;
- Horticultural/agricultural studies (desirable)
- Chemcert (desirable)
- Forklift (desirable)
- Growing experience
- Experience working with various operation system
- Supervision experience
- Experience or keen interest in the agriculture/produce industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to follow direction
- Physically capable – moderate level of physical activity including regular walking, lifting (25Kg bags of fertiliser), bending, reaching
- Ability to take responsibility for designated areas and oversee documentation processes
- Ability to communicate issues in a timely manner
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa.Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).