Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Costa has multiple Irrigation Hand roles available across a number of farms in the Riverland, SA.
The roles of Irrigation Hand are Permanent/Full Time once a 6 month probation period has been successfully completed and suits a hands on, physically active worker seeking job security or a long term career in the Horticulture Industry. Whilst previous irrigation experience is preferred, interested candidates with a ‘can do’ attitude, willingness to learn and availability to work a flexible roster to meet harvest and operational requirements are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Irrigation Supervisor, the Irrigation Hand will work with a team to ensure onsite water infrastructure including drip irrigation and sprinklers are correctly monitored, repaired and maintained to meet the farm’s irrigation requirements.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair of irrigation lines, filters, valves, pumps etc.
- Cleaning filters, flushing dripline and unblocking of sprinklers.
- Check that irrigation has gone on as programmed and troubleshoot any issues.
- Mixing and distribution of fertilisers, and accurate recording of fertiliser usage.
- General farm work, if required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience working in a similar role or the ability to learn about soils and irrigation.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve irrigation issues, with supervision.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to maintain accurate irrigation records.
- Basic computer skills to access electronic soil moisture probe data.
- Reliable transport and a current Driver’s Licence is essential.
- Truck License or Backhoe Licence would be highly regarded.
We care for our people
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
For more information please contact Kyung Kim Boo, HR Manager Riverland & Sunraysia on 0418 830 492.