Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
HR Business Partner
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Vertical Farming - Tomatoes
Our tomatoes are grown year round in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in Guyra, NSW. A $70+ million expansion project is currently underway which will increase our production area by 33% and create an additional 150 jobs onsite.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
About the Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced HR Business Partner to join the team at our growing facility in Guyra, Northern NSW (near the city of Armidale). Reporting directly to the HR Manager, the role will be responsible for a variety of HR operational and project work across two production sites, employing over 600 workers. This generalist role will suit a self-driven candidate with a L&D and/or recruitment background, seeking a role in a fast paced environment with career progression opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Workforce planning, recruitment and induction;
- Driving the development and implementation of L&D programs, with a focus on utilising technology;
- Coordination of learning and development activities and records;
- Partnering with key labour managers to provide quality and accurate HR advice and support on a variety of HR matters including policies, performance management, investigations and employee entitlements;
- Interpreting and implementing relevant awards and workplace agreements;
- General HR reporting and administration;
- Supporting onsite weekly payroll activities.
The successful candidate will require:
- A minimum of 4 years HR experience;
- A strong focus on providing quality HR support with a working knowledge of employment legislation and experience in recruitment, L&D programs and performance management processes;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in a diverse team environment;
- A positive attitude and sense of humour;
- Excellent initiative, work ethic and attention to detail;
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel;
- Relevant HR qualifications, payroll experience and exposure to industrial environments will be highly regarded.
For further information please contact Tabitha Collins, HR Manager m: 0438 989 508 e: firstname.lastname@example.org or Brett Ryan, HR Business Partner m: 0427 789 612 e: email@example.comApplications will be reviewed upon receipt, immediate commencement available.