Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Tasmania team are looking for two experienced professionals to join in the role of Horticulturalist in their Horticulture team. The roles report to the Horticulture Manager and are responsible for the day to day agronomical management of berry growing systems with a focus maintaining plant health and function.
About the role:
- Involvement in areas of crop productions such as: planning, nutrition and irrigation, canopy management, research and development projects and pest and disease
- Coordination of horticultural activities
- Monitor, report and make decisions on daily hydroponic nutrition requirements including EC and pH management.
- Manage data analysis - collect samples and conduct tests.
- Report and communicate all monitoring and trial results, findings and recommendations to the HM.
- Support, monitor and manage budget requirements, adhering to financial requirements and schedules as directed by HM and Regional Manager. Track financial performance regularly to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements.
- Have a general involvement and awareness in all cultural farm operations.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role.
In addition, you should have;
- Relevant experience (within strawberry and blackberry crops is beneficial but not essential)
- Willingness to get out into the field and be involved in day-to-day operations
- Ability to take responsibility and make things happen
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to foresee upcoming issues
- Ability to take direction and work autonomously
- A drive for continuous improvement of processes and systems
There are currently two horticulture roles available.
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.
Job no: FPAK00452
Location: Devonport, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 July 2020