Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Horticulturist (Maternity Leave Cover) - East Devonport
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
The Strawberry Farm are looking for a horticulturalist to join the team in a professional capacity for a 12-month Maternity Leave Cover. This role reports to the Farm Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day agronomic management with a focus on maintaining plant health and maximising yield.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for the primary focus on pest and disease management and Irrigation and nutrition management to maintain and improve crop production.
- Involvement in areas of crop productions such as: pest and disease monitoring and control, canopy management, Irrigation monitoring and scheduling and plant nutrition
- Management and coordination of horticultural activities
- Monitor report and make decisions on daily nutrition requirements including EC and pH management.
- Manage data analysis, scouting reports, collect samples and conduct tests as required.
- Report all and trial results, findings and recommendations
- Involvement in all areas of crop productions such as: trial work, planning, canopy management, research and development projects and pest and disease management
- Support, monitor and manage budget requirements, adhering to financial requirements and schedules as directed by the Farm Manager
- Track financial performance regularly to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements
- Have a general involvement and awareness in all cultural farm operations
- Salary commensurate with experience with a tool of the trade vehicle provided
We’re looking for someone with…
- Relevant experience (within strawberry crops is beneficial but not essential)
- Willingness to get out into the field and be involved in day-to-day operations
- Ability to take responsibility and make things happen
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work alongside people
- Ability to foresee upcoming issues
- Ability to take direction and work autonomously
- A drive for continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Graduate Horticulturalist are encouraged to apply
- Current drivers licence essential
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa.Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).