Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Truck Driver - WA - Berry Category
The main focus of the role is to collect picked fruit from field chariots and deliver to the pack shed which is on the same site in a timely manner, preserving the best possible quality of the product. This role also requires you to monitor and replenish chariot stocks in collaboration with the Chariot Supervisor.
Other responsibilities include:
- Visit allocated crews at regular intervals in the day to collect picked fruit
- Communicate with Field Harvest Coordinator to establish frequency of collections required based on volume of fruit and crew pick rate
- Accurately record amount of fruit taken from each crew at each pick up
- Work with field Supervisors to rectify any discrepancies in the figures
- Provide accurate summary data to the pack shed and Field Harvest Manager/Coordinator at the end of each shift
To be successful in this role you will require:-
- LR Licence (or above)
- Forklift licence
- Experience or keen interest in the fresh produce industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Strong time management, planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under direction
The successful candidate will be operating a 3 tonne truck in a farm environment.
Our farm operates on a 7 day week but there will be a roster in place for day's off.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: GJAS90210
Closing Date: Sunday, 8 September 2019