Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Supervisors - Tasmania - Berry Category
- Tired of working long hours or nights? Looking for a lifestyle change?
- Exciting team leader roles available in our dynamic business
- Come and work with us on the North West Coast of Tasmania
Are you looking for a lifestyle change? We have exciting opportunities available for experienced Team Leaders in our busy and dynamic berry farms located on the North West Coast of Tasmania situated near the small coastal cities of Burnie and Devonport. If you are experienced in organising, supporting and inspiring your team members to achieve operational objectives and looking for a lifestyle change, then we have a great career opportunity for you.
About the role
Team Leaders play a key role in our Harvest Management team. Team Leaders work closely with Harvest Business Managers to ensure production KPIs are met by the Harvest teams. You will focus on organising and building relationships within your team, and inspiring and motivating team members to achieve operational targets. The Berry harvesting season in Tasmania is typically from October until May.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communication of operational plans to team members,
- Supporting team members to achieve efficiency and quality in harvest,
- Coaching team members to achieve production KPIs,
- Producing and/or updating reports on the team’s performance and analysis of data to determine effectiveness and efficiency, and
- Ensuring adherence to work health and safety, fruit quality, production and financial requirements.
We are looking for Team Leaders who perform well in a busy environment and are passionate about supporting and motivating their team members to achieve operational goals.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Clear, honest and open communication,
- Well developed organisational skills,
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve production KPIs,
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships within your team,
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate amongst team members to streamline decision-making, and
- Commitment to reviewing operational processes on a continuous basis to identify inefficiency.
Whilst these roles are seasonally based casual positions, applicants who are success in the role, receive priority placement for ongoing farm maintenance work in non-harvest periods if desired. These roles also create a good foundation for future opportunities for career development.
If you would like to join an organisation that really value their employees, apply now.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.