Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Supervisors - Berry Category Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites, and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow, and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed, and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
Our harvest teams are made up of multiple crews across our 220-hectare farm - at the core, management strive to support, coach and mentor all supervisor staff in developing an exciting and dynamic working environment. In the role of Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for a crew, supporting them to achieve their highest possible standard of performance and hold a valuable and respected position in the organisation.
Our crews are diverse, with Costa employing people from over 70 nationalities and multiple cultural backgrounds which leads to energetic teams working within a beautiful environment. We have supervisor and assistant supervisor roles available which we will encourage your ability to inspire, coach and lead to ensure that the crew is able to reach their full potential whilst sharing in their success and enjoying each working day.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew – this is a priority for Costa, and we are looking for people who place the same importance on this topic as we do.
- Be provided with the tools to ensure that the crew are able to be supported, and given what they need to perform well – you are in a key position to ensure the success of your crew, and it will be your responsibility to ensure the crew has everything they need to perform well, from guiding and directing the team throughout the day, to working with the farm logistics team to allow smooth and efficient harvesting.
- Manage the performance of individuals within the crew – this will require you to take the time to know everyone in your crew, understand their strengths, know how to motivate them and be able to provide them with information and coaching to improve.
- Provide performance information to the management team – you will be required to report back to the management team on a daily basis about the performance of your crew compared to the KPI’s.
Please note Costa does not provide transport or accommodation
Sulphur Creek – Blueberry Farm
East Devonport – Strawberry Farm
Wesley Vale – Strawberry & Raspberry Farms
Dunorlan / Bengeo – Blackberry Farm
Lebrina – Blueberry Farm
What’s In It For Me -We understand you spend a lot of time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Vales based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- Provide leadership to create a high performing team
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business we
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation we have people from all walks of life
- Potential for ongoing work in the off-harvest season
- Get outdoors and contribute to helping feeding families all around Australia
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Full safety induction
- Work health and safety managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available at all times
- Opportunity to travel – follow the Costa Harvest Trail, work your way around Australia
- Access to clean toilets, drinking water and free on-site car parking
- Celebrate Cultural Days (Occasional BBQ's and Free Drinks)
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development, and progression
- Clear, open and honest communication
- Well-developed organisation skills
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve KPI’s
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Commitment to identifying areas of improvement in processes
- You have your own vehicle and drivers licence.
This is a casual position, however those that are able to contribute positively to the team may have the opportunity to move to other roles on the farm as Costa continues to grow and expand its operations at the end of the busy harvest season.
How Will You Get Paid?
- You will be paid an hourly rate in accordance with the role you will be undertaking.
- Your hourly rate will be determined by the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement with pay rates higher than the Horticulture Award
- Weekly pay every Thursday by Bank transfer
- Payslips are emailed at the same time to your nominated email address
- Superannuation is paid in line with legislation
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit-based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- A copy of your passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID.
You will be required to attend an interview; the recruitment team will be in touch to organise a suitable date and time.