Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
Harvest Supervisor – Tolga
This role will suit a self-motivated individual with good communication and relationship building skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to supervise staff. Previous Harvest Supervisory experience in tree crops or other horticulture products would be considered an advantage.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Operations Manager to ensure daily production requirements are fulfilled
- Staff supervision of 12 – 20 workers to ensure team are following instructions n which area they should be picking and are picking to the required standard
- Creating a culture of support within the team, acknowledging success, driving performance and showing appreciation of hard work
- Supporting the training of the harvest team
- Identify team members that are under performing and provide coaching for performance improvement
- Monitoring Occupational Health and Safety within the harvest team
- Lead by example - show a consistent work ethic, respect, enthusiasm for the task and support for all team members
- Ensure that all new pickers are appropriately trained and monitored, and have the required skills and knowledge to perform their role
- Completing paperwork
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to lead a team of pickers
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Hands on, energetic and pro activity is a must.
- Driver’s license
- ChemCert would be advantageous
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice WH&S
- Ability to meet Quality Assurance standards in all aspects of field harvest