Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centers, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Costa has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Harvest Manager to join its farming operations in the Riverland district of South Australia.
The successful applicant will be accountable for ensuring the orderly and correct harvesting of citrus crops, by leading the Harvest Supervisors, Assistant Harvest Supervisors and Harvest Operators, overseeing picking teams made up from a combination of direct hire employees and contractors, and performing inductions and ensuring compliance to all safety standards.
The role has accountabilities for a range of key operational deliverables, under-pinned by a ‘people first’ safety culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of harvest.
- Ensure strict quality control standards relating to fruit harvesting, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining under your supervision.
- Acknowledges and obeys all company safety and food safety rules and regulations, at all times working in a safe and legal manner.
- Responsible for a quality harvest result performed in a timely manner.
- Establishes clear communication with all harvest key stakeholders, to ensure accuracy, timely completion and quality of work performed.
- Reports all injuries and accidents immediately to the Farm Manager.
- Perform other duties as advised by the Farm Manager, Farm Operations Supervisor or other Technical or Managerial Staff
This challenging and varied role will suit a self-motivated individual, with:
- Good communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to supervise staff
- Good computer skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong focus and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety and Quality is a key requirement.
Previous harvest supervisory experience in citrus or other horticultural products would be considered an advantage. Also, experience working with people from the Pacific Islands, while not essential, would be valued. A strong focus and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Food Safety and Quality is a key requirement.
DETERMINATION • PASSION • ACCOUNTABILITY • SINCERITY • RESPECT