Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Lead - Tasmania - Berry Category
About the role
Our harvest function operates over approximately 7 months of the year, and is responsible for harvesting our crop of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. The harvest function employs around 1,750 people at the peak of the season, in roles ranging from Pickers, Support staff and Team Supervisors. The Tasmania harvest operation is spread across a number of sites in North West Tasmania.
The Harvest Leads are responsible for day to day planning and coordinating of the harvest operation for each berry type, with the support of the Production Manager and the Field Harvest Manager. This involves ensuring the right picking crews are in the right places at all times to maximise our crop picking rotations, to have the best quality of fruit delivered to our customers.
The Harvest Leads are also in an integral position to build and maintain relationships with other departments the harvest function interacts with, including Farm Managers, Distribution Centre Leaders and the Recruitment Team.
Reporting to the Field Harvest Manager, Harvest Leads are responsible for:
- Providing feedback to Harvest Coordinators and supporting them to improve the performance of the harvest crews,
- Maintaining, updating and analysing figures on pick rates to enable KPI’s to be effectively managed,
- Providing feedback to the harvest team and communicating daily on harvest issues,
- Ensuring all harvest teams are operating in line with current safety practices and have completed all relevant paperwork,
- Championing quality performance of the teams and ensuring the Quality Management System is adhered to,
- Managing a seven day roster for the duration of harvest, and
- Living and promoting the company values to all staff.
We are looking for individuals able to promote high levels of commitment and performance from the harvest teams, demonstrating the Costa values at all time and supporting all teams to perform at their best.
In order to be successful, you will;
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities,
- Be able to manage multiple priorities and organise your time well,
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team,
- Have an intermediate level of computer skills, particularly within the Microsoft office package,
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Be adaptable and able to manage a fast moving environment,
- Be highly customer orientated and focused on food safety,
- Have experience in understanding and influencing KPI’s to achieve positive outcomes,
- Have an understanding of working to budgets,
- Possess good coaching skills,
- Have experience supervising or leading large teams,
- Have a current driver’s license and own vehicle, and
- Experience in farming is desirable but not essential.
This role requires working variable and sometimes long hours over the harvest period, including over the weekend and public holidays, in order to ensure the fruit crops are picked at the right times. The ability to be flexible with working hours is essential.