Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
To ensure office and toilet facilities, on all Costa Berry Taradale and Rosewood farm sites, are maintained in a clean and serviceable state on a daily basis.
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping down and disinfecting of all surfaces, emptying bins and replacing consumables, in line with COVID-19 rules and responsibilities,
- Clean toilet blocks on all sites (permanent and demountable) on a daily basis or as required/directed,
- Clean offices on all sites on a daily basis or as required/directed,
- Clean all portaloos and replace consumables on all farm sites on a daily basis. Portaloo numbers vary dependent on the number of workers on each site,
- Complete Quality Assurance paperwork e.g. Cleaning logbook, as required to meet auditing requirements,
- Report faults to Office Manager,
- Report any issues/concerns in all aspects of your role, including safety issues to your Office Manager,
- Forecast cleaning supplies required and provided visibility for the site foreman.
- Other cleaning duties as required, and as directed by your Office Manager
- Other reasonable duties as directed by your Office Manager
Key Performance Requirements
- Good communication and strong team player
- Ability to meet cleaning standards as required by Costa Berries Tumbarumba
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and amend work performance to meet required standards
- Strong work ethic and take pride in your work
- Able to perform moderate to high physical activity in adverse weather conditions
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- High standard of cleanliness
- Willingness to work weekends as required
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
Take reasonable actions within your authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring that your work practices are consistent with company principles
- Ensure that behaviors outlined in Costa Group vision and values are fostered and practiced
- Maintain the security of Costa’s physical and intellectual property, plant and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in cleaning commercial facilities (desired)
- Ensure all vaccinations are up to date to protect yourself
- Driver’s License
Competencies / Character Qualities / Values
- Determination – acting decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Passion – challenging the status quo and acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Accountability – focusing on outcomes and delivering on commitments
- Sincerity – acting bolding in an open, honest, and responsible manner
- Respect – treating others as we expect to be treated in attitude, communication, and personal safety.
We have a small number of roles available so applications will close once we have received a sufficient response.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.