Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Administration Support - Tasmania - Berry Category
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
Harvest Administration Support - Devonport, Tasmania
During our peak harvest season, the Harvest Management Team are coordinating and recording the performance of in excess of 1,750 people. We use a number of both computer and paper based systems to do this. The Harvest Team are looking for an experienced administrator to assist with the uploading and updating of data. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be able to work with Excel to produce graphs and reports of data as well as the ability to learn to use internals software.
The main tasks of the role include;
- Collecting paperwork from harvest crew Supervisors at the end of the day,
- Matching paperwork with data recorded on the Harvest Management System,
- Identifying areas where information does not match, and troubleshooting to rectify the problem with the Harvest Management team,
- Entering additional data into the system as needed,
- Producing graphical representations of data for review, and
- Help with preparation for the next day with general daily administration tasks.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in a fast paced and varied administration role. In addition, you will;
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Have exceptional organisation skills, as well as being able to manage multiple priorities,
- Be confident with using and building formulas and graphs in Excel,
- Be able to follow processes, as well as identify areas for improvement,
- Be a team player, who is willing and able to support the team in varied tasks to achieve the overall goals,
- Have the ability to work with confidential information, and
- Be reliable
The working hours for this role may change through the harvest season depending on day length for picking and the number of crews operating in the field. Ordinarily be from approximately 10:00 to 18:00, working 5 days across a 7 days roster - it is important that you are able to be flexible with your working hours.
If you think this role matches your skills, we look forward to hearing from you. Once you have submitted an application, please keep an eye on your emails (including junk/spam folder) as this will be our primary method of communication.