Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
General Manager – Berry (Domestic & International)
The Costa Group is Australia’s largest horticultural Company and a major supplier of fresh produce to the vast retail and wholesale markets nationally. We are listed on the ASX and are renowned for our progressive culture and people focus. This role will lead the berry business unit both domestically and internationally.
About the Role:
Within Australia, Costa is the leading berry producer with multiple sites across the country with around 680 hectares of farms. Costa also has through Joint Venture partners, berry growing operations in Morocco and China and enjoys global success through its blueberry selection and breeding program.
We are seeking to recruit a
key Executive Management Leader to lead both the domestic and international
arms of this exciting business.
This position is a Key Management Executive position providing critical and technical leadership of the overall Berry Business Unit. This includes strategic and tactical advice to the CEO, Executive Team and Board, as well as strategic and day to day operations of the Business Unit including:
- Leadership, direction and management of the sizeable Australian and Joint Venture Operations in China and Morocco.
- Leading and managing the overall strategic and tactical direction of the Variety Improvement Program.
- Leading and developing the global strategy and licencing of Costa Berry varieties with current and future partners to secure long term business growth.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships across Joint Venture partners, governments, customers as well as stakeholders.
- Leadership and effective management of local and international market and investors.
- Develop, integrate and deploy expansion programs into new markets directly or through existing and or new partners.
To be successful you will need to have:
- 10+ years in a senior leadership role with exposure to Senior General Management responsibilities as well as tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Marketing, Business, Commerce, Agriculture etc.), with post graduate qualifications well regarded.
- Advanced strategic leadership and decision making capability together with a leadership style that is collaborative, inclusive and inspirational.
- Ideally, exposure to International operations and markets, dealing with JV arrangements.
- Outstanding communication, diplomacy, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, lead and influence at all levels of the organisation, including people at remote locations.
- A sharp intellect to drive strategic thinking, problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement, enabling decision making accurately and timely within an ASX context.
- Extremely high level of business and commercial acumen, integrity, dependability, and a total focus on outcomes with a strong sense of urgency.
- A genuine passion for customer satisfaction with an astute market focus.
Rarely do these opportunities present themselves, and we urge people with the experience outlined above, and broad depth of General Management expertise to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Paul Wilson, Principal Wilbart Associates
e: firstname.lastname@example.org m: 0414 532 708
A very attractive package will be on offer with exciting short and long term incentive benefits befitting this senior role.
Job no: 2021-1057
Location: Coffs Harbour, Ravenhall
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt