Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fruit Picker - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our picking teams.
Sulphur Creek – Blueberry Farm
East Devonport – Strawberry Farm
Wesley Vale –Raspberry Farms
Dunorlan / Bengeo – Blackberry Farm
Lebrina – Blueberry Farm
What’s In It For Me – We understand you spend most of your time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Pay in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement including double Piece Rate pay for work on public holidays.
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Public Holidays and longer paid breaks than required by the Horticulture Award
- Great team environment
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Get outdoors and contribute to helping feeding families all around Australia
- Higher than the Horticultural Award wage rate
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation – we have people from all walks of life
- Full safety induction
- Work health and safety managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available at all times
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business TAS
- Opportunity to travel – follow the Costa Harvest Trail, work your way around Australia
- Values based organisation, Costa has a culture of CARE
- Clean easily accessible facilities
- Access to free Employee Assistance Program (online and by phone) providing support to all employees
- Piece rates are calculated from a base rate higher than the Horticulture Award
- You are not afraid of hard work and having a go! Costa’s fruit waits for no-one, you will pick rain, hail and shine
- You don’t mind seeing the sun come up, starts can be early
- You ask loads of questions: we rely on you to be our eyes and ears, if you see or are not sure about something please speak up, we are here to support you on your picking adventure.
How Will You Get Paid?
- Picking is paid under Piece Rate
- All employees will view and sign a Piece Rate Agreement on commencement of employment outlining the minimum rates they will be paid
- Weekly pay every Thursday by Bank transfer
- Payslips are emailed at the same time to your nominated email address
- Superannuation is paid in line with legislation
To successfully complete your application please include a copy of your photo ID (License, Passport, ID Car) and your Birth Certificate. Alternatively, if you have a Passport you can just upload a copy.
What is the Next Step?
Once you have completed your application, keep an eye on your emails.
The Recruitment Team will be in contact, as they may require some more information, or they are ready to send you an onboarding pack.
Once you have completed your pack, we can arrange a start date.