Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fruit Picker/Farm Worker - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our farm teams.
- Picking – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Roles available with start date from late October until May
- No experience required – full training will be
- East Devonport, Wesley Vale / Moriarty, Dunorlan
/ Bengeo, Sulphur Creek and Lebrina, All sites are in the North West Tasmania
- Typically 5 or 6 days a week, Monday to Sunday
- Hours per day can be up to 10 hours depending on the stage of the crop
- Picking crews typically have rolling days off to
ensure everyone is able to stay energetic
Availability of work:
- Each crop has a peak period where maximum fruit is available to be picked.
- The timing of these peaks can vary between the different berry types however the busy periods are typically between December through to April
- Following the harvest / picking season, all of our farms have a wide range of jobs including general farm work, irrigation and maintenance work. People who perform well and show commitment to the job may be offered opportunities to transfer to these roles when they are available outside the harvest / picking season
- At the end of the harvest / picking season, there
may be opportunities for work in other regions such as Far North Queensland,
New South Wales, and Western Australia if you wish to travel to these locations
- Picking is paid under Piece Rate
- An average competent Picker has the opportunity to earn more than the base rate in the Horticulture Award
- All employees will view and sign a Piece Rate Agreement on commencement of employment outlining the minimum rates they will be paid
- Piece Rates are calculated by each block based
on a number of factors including availability of fruit, density of plants and
- Weekly pay every Thursday by Bank transfer
- Payslips are emailed at the same time to your nominated email address
- Superannuation is paid at a rate of 9.5% on top
of all wages
- Higher than the Horticultural Award wage rate (base hourly pay rate currently 2.5% above the horticulture award base rate)
- Piece Rate pay allows you to control your earning potential
- Pay in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement including double Piece Rate pay for work on Public Holidays and longer paid breaks than required by the Horticulture Award
- Ongoing work available through to April/May in Tasmania
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Full safety induction
- Work health and safety managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available at all times
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business TAS
- Access to free Employee Assistance Program (online and by phone) providing support to all employees
- Experienced and supportive Supervisors who will assist you in maximizing your earnings
To submit your application you will need the following;
- A scanned copy your proof of right to work documentation (this could be a passport document, or Australian birth certificate along with a copy of photographic ID - NOTE these documents must be saved into the same file for attachment to the application form).
After you have submitted your application keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful you will be issued documents for completion online prior to being invited to select a start date for work.
Please click on " POSITION DESCRIPTION " to see how to fill the online application completely.