Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Forklift Operator / Despatch Employee
We have an opportunity for a experienced forklift operator in our Despatch team at our Tomato glasshouse operation at Guyra NSW.
About the job
Key responsibilities include:
- General despatch duties including product scanning and labelling
- Loading / unloading trucks using forklift
palletising& strapping machinery/equipment
- General administration/record keeping
- Stock & Inventory control
The successful candidate will possess:
- Forklift license with 100+hrs experience;
- Good numeracy and English literacy skills;
- General computer skills, specifically in relation to MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), SAP scanning and other despatch related software;
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive “team” attitude;
- A strong focus and commitment to Work, Health and Safety;
- The ability and willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as required including weekends, and late afternoons.
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all the major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
About the Tomato Category
Costa supplies tomatoes 365 days a year under the Blush brand and private label brands, including our Perino range and Cocktail truss in Coles, Sweet Berry truss and Cocktail truss in Woolworths and our Bellino range and Cocktail truss in ALDI.
Our tomatoes are grown in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in the New South Wales town of Guyra. A $67 million expansion project commenced during 2019 which will increase our production area by 33% and create an additional 150 jobs onsite.
Our products are also grown in South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
$21.24 (casual $26.55) - $21.66 (casual $27.08) per hour
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, immediate commencement available.
For further information, please contact John Reeves (Production Manager) m: 0435 960 598