Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Forklift Operator - Corindi
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
Costa Berries Corindi is looking for Forklift Drivers to join our growing team. This is a casual seasonal role potentially running until late January. You will be required to work across a 7 day roster which will include weekend work.
About the role;
Responsibilities of this role include;
- Unloading of Harvest Trucks and movement of fruit to the required location in the pack shed area
- Monitoring of fruit, fruit quality, food safety standards and temperatures from receivals to dispatch
- Pallet construction for storage and dispatch
- Undertaking necessary pre-start equipment and machinery checks
- Adhering to strict quality assurance and food safety standards
- Operating in line with work health and safety requirements at all times
The role is paid under the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement, which offers rates higher that the horticulture award.
To be successful in this role you will have a current forklift licence and demonstrated experience in a similar role.
In addition, you should have;
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and be hands on
- Good planning and time management skills to ensure set tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Strong sense of the need for a safe and healthy work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player with the ability to take direction
- Ability to do work in an active role
This role will work on a roster that covers 7 days a week therefore full availability is important.
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.