Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Forklift Driver - Harvest - Tasmania - Berry Category
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
Costa Berries Tasmania is looking for Forklift Drivers to join our growing team. This is a casual seasonal role potentially running from November until June. You will be required to work across a 7 day roster which will include weekend work.
This position encompasses a range of duties that facilitates post-harvest functions based on the needs of the Business Unit. This role may include, but is not limited to; monitoring of fruit, fruit quality, food safety standards and temperatures from receival to dispatch, unloading of Harvest Trucks, pallet construction for storage and dispatch. This role may be required to undertake other duties outside of this role description from time to time in support of Distribution Centre Operations.
- Work Place Health and Safety (WHS)- abide by safe practices and responsibilities as outlined in Employee Induction Handbook and SWP’s
- Operating machinery where licenses are NOT required (Level 1)
- Operating Machinery where licenses ARE required (Level 3)
- Appropriate care and pre-start checks of Costa machinery/equipment
- Performing general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials
- Strict adherence to Quality Assurance and Food Safety Standards
- Under direction from your Supervisor, prepare orders as per Load Summary
- Adherence to Biosecurity & Modified Atmosphere (MA) requirements
- Follow reasonable direction from your Supervisor
- Provide timely safety and task information/feedback to Supervisor
- Close collaboration with other team members
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to follow direction
- Adherence to post harvest cool chain procedures
- Timely completion of tasks to set standards/benchmarks
- Communication skills
- Team work, and working autonomously where required
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct
Workplace Health and Safety Responsibilities
Take reasonable actions within your authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
- Responsible for ensuring that your work practices are consistent with company principles
- Ensure that behaviours outlined in Costa Group vision and values are fostered and practiced
- Maintain the security of Costa’s physical and intellectual property, plant and equipment in accordance with policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Fork lift Licence (Level 3)
- Agricultural/horticultural experience is desired but not a requirement
- Post-harvest cool chain experience (desired, not essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Receive information/direction with prompt translation into competent task completion
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to complete physical tasks/labour
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time
- Determination – acting decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Passion – challenging the status quo and acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Accountability – focusing on outcomes and delivering on commitments
- Sincerity – acting bolding in an open, honest, and responsible manner
- Respect – treating others as we expect to be treated in attitude, communication, and personal safety.
Please note that due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undertake a Functional Capacity test prior to confirmation of employment.
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.