Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
FNQ Berries Seasonal Harvest Truck Driver
The Harvest team are looking for an experienced MR Driver to join our team. This is a casual seasonal role based at our Walkamin farm in Far North Queensland with our season running from March to approximately mid September . Please make note this role is for driving carefully on our farm roads collecting the fruit and delivering it to our onsite packing facility.
The main focus of the role is to safely collect hand-picked fruit from field chariots and deliver to the packing shed in a timely manner, preserving the best possible quality of the product. This is a dual role which also requires you to monitor and replenish chariot stocks with picking and packing items in collaboration with the Chariot Supervisor.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Ensuring all hygiene & food safety requirements are met
- Communicating with the Harvest Coordinator to establish frequency of collections
- Accurately recording amount of fruit taken from each crew at pick up
- Providing accurate summary data to pack shed at end of shift
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to undertake strenuous work activities or an extended period of time
- Strong time management, planning, communication and organisation skills
- MR licence and recent experience
- Forklift licence is desirable
- Experience or keen interest in the fresh produce industry
- Strong team player and good work ethics
- Ability to work autonomously and under direction
The successful candidate will be operating a 8.5 tonne truck in a farm environment with a roster that operates on a 7 day week.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: FQAP00455
Location: Walkamin, Atherton/Mareeba
Closing Date: Thursday, 16 July 2020