Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nuture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
About the Role
To take a leading role in managing a crew of banana pickers to ensure daily harvesting is completed to the required standards.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role as well as:
- Monitor pickers to ensure they are following instructions on which area they should be picking and are picking to the required standard.
- Create a culture of support within the crew, acknowledging success, driving performance and showing appreciation for hard work.
- Identify crew members that are underperforming and provide coaching for performance improvement.
- Monitor and implement Occupational Health and Safety within the harvest team
- Lead by example – show a consistent work ethic, respect, enthusiasm for the task, and support for all crew members.
- Complete harvest paperwork as directed by the FNQ Banana Operations Manager
- Ensure that all new pickers are appropriately trained and monitored, and have the required skills and knowledge to perform their role
- Troubleshooting problems when needed and liaising with the FNQ Banana Operations Manager
- Ability to lead a team of pickers
- Ability to meet KPI’s as set by the FNQ Banana Operations Manager
- Excellent communication and team player skills
- Performance Management and coaching of pickers/staff
- Meeting Quality Assurance standards in all aspects of field harvest
Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.