Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Field Harvest Manager - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Tasmania team are looking for an experienced professional to join in the role of Field Harvest Manager in their Harvest team. This role reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for the execution of harvest operational strategies across all berry types (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries) with a focus on coaching and mentoring harvest team members to achieve successful harvest operations.
About the role:
- Responsible for preparation and delivery of harvest plans to meet the demand of the crops and production forecast and ensure timely picking of fruit
- Ensure the execution of overall harvest strategies in a timely manner
- Identify improvement opportunities within the harvest operation for reducing cost and / or improve food safety and quality of fruit
- Manage the deployment of resources in a seamless manner to meet the needs of the production environment
- Coach and provide feedback to the team to drive the development of a highly agile, productive and engaged harvest team
- Ensure quality systems are implemented and findings from audits are rectified immediately to reduce the risk to fruit
To be successful in your application, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role. In addition, you will have;
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and written
- High level of competence with the Microsoft suite of applications
- 3 years or more experience in leading large teams
- Significant or demonstrated experience in the agriculture environment is highly desirable
- Experience with SAP or financial systems for monitoring costs
- High level understanding of safety systems
- High level of understanding of food safety and hygiene as it applies to food production
The role has a large amount of autonomy and a successful candidate will need a strong desire to continuously improve the operation and be self-motivated.
There will be a requirement to work variable hours across the year to account for peak season. During the peak harvest period weekend work will be required to oversee the harvest operation and fulfil national reporting and communication responsibilities.
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as email is the primary way that we will contact you.
Job no: FWAS00457
Location: Devonport, Dunorlan, Lebrina, Sulphur Creek, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2020